Monday, March 14, 2011

I need You

[it's been about a year since i posted last. life stole me away, and now i'm back. i hope you enjoy this.]

the silence of Los Angeles is still so loud i can’t hear when i sigh
i can’t hear when i think
i can’t hear when i sleep
i can’t hear the blood inside my veins

oh how i crave that nature silence
where you can hear when a cloud moves
where you can hear the sun
you can hear when trees stand still

i miss the silence that you can taste
it’s sweet and fresh and green
i want to live in that place again
where i can hear my thoughts again
please take me there, oh take me

take me where i can sleep in arms large enough to carry my mind
i need a heart vast enough to help me with my burdens
to love me through my burdens
to care for me through my trials

i need His silence that heals all my sores
His calm hand to hold my blistered thoughts
i’m tired of going and going and going and going
and doing and doing and doing and doing
and searching for nothing that is enough

i need a refuge. a Refuge. my Refuge.
i need Jesus. My Jesus. Only Jesus.

No comments: