Sunday, May 23, 2010

Everyone has Two Hearts

here i am. heart: red, healthy, and full of that special living liquid. ready to work for the next half a century. the Lord makes it contract and pump. there's nothing wrong with my 1st heart. at least as far as i know.

but i have a separate heart; a 2nd heart. one that's a whole chalk-box full of colors. one that's very fickle, often too weak, and almost always misleading. it leads me down dead-end rabbit trails. i've learned that it's best not to listen to that heart. those warm-fuzzies, and tickly-tinglies aren't a faithful gauge of anything.

all that i can trust is my faithful Rock. my Jesus. recently i have found myself:

listening to songs that remind me of.
smelling that scent that brings me back to.
hearing a voice that sounds just like.
visiting the place from the day where.
driving with the windows down with the same weather as.
feeling the same emotions that were felt when i was.
seeing...
wanting...
dreaming...
wishing...
falsely believing...

But I know that that's all insanely small compared to eternity. I live on this earth, but I am a citizen of heaven. I exist to enjoy Jesus Christ and glorify Him forever. When my 2nd heart fails, He holds me tight and sets it straight again. And one day when my 1st heart fails, I will see Him face to face! Oh death where is your sting!?